Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Squirrel Rant


I have been living in my apartment for about a year and a half now and have had FOUR squirrels removed from behind the wall. Call me crazy but that is a little bit disgusting. I understand in a large complex that you may have some mishaps with bugs and such but to have this happen over and over is just ridiculous.

It all started last November. Just as I was about to go to sleep, I hear scratch clawing at the wall behind my walk in closet. The scratching lasted for 6 straight hours!!! So I immediately called the office the following morning and they came and retrieved the little critter. They also did a half ass patch job which I complained about and they came back to fix it. Months go by and every so often I hear them running back and forth across the ceiling of my bedroom.

Fast forward to Easter weekend. The scratching returns except with it being a holiday weekend, our office was closed and there was nothing I could do about it. So for three straight days I had to listen to it. Once again maintenance comes in and retrieves the squirrel from the same spot. Now you would think that the apt complex would just repair the roof where they seem to be getting in but no it is just easier to cut holes in peoples walls. The second time they didn't even patch the hole "just in case" they came back. I spoke with a few of my neighbors who also had the same problem.

Then about two weeks ago I came home and went to get something out of my hall closet when I noticed a faint dead animal smell. I thought it was just a neighbor cooking something but the smell got worse and worse. While I was getting ready in my bathroom last week I could hear another one running around in my bathroom and yesterday it was making a squealing noise. So I immediately went over to the office AGAIN and told them about it.

They called me around 5:30 last night to tell me that they found (2) squirrels. One DEAD and one live one. SO FREAKING GROSS!!!!! They also left me this little gem, which later today I will be stopping by the office to discuss.....





THIS IS NOT OK!!!!!!!!!! Who on earth would leave a bloody band aid on the wall let alone use it to attach my sharpie to my calendar and blood smears on the wall.

END RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: